Please note these definitions are for guidance only. For full definitions please refer to your policy document.
Third Party Only Cover
1. This is basic insurance cover and covers your liability for death or bodily injury to a third party including other pillion passengers and your liability for damage to third party property.
Third Party Fire and Theft Cover
2. This covers third party risks as described in 1 above plus covers your motorcycle if stolen, subject to policy terms.
3. This includes the cover described in 1 and 2 above, as well as loss of or damage to your motorcycle caused by accidental or malicious damage.
4. This is the first part of each and every claim, which you (not your insurer) must pay. There are two types of excess:
Compulsory excess – This is excess that has been applied as a requirement by your insurer and will vary according to your personal circumstances and the terms of cover provided. Compulsory excess will also apply to fire or theft claims.
Voluntary excess – This will apply where you agree with your insurer to pay a greater part of each claim than the compulsory excess.
Social, Domestic & Pleasure (inc. commuting)
5. This includes commuting to and from one place of work. ‘Excluding commuting’ means your motorcycle can be used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes only.
6. This is when the policyholder uses their motorcycle for their own business to travel to more than one place of work and between places of work.
7. All policies offered through Carole Nash provide the minimum cover required to drive in any of the EU countries. To extend this to include your normal policy cover you will need to contact your insurance broker. Some insurers charge for this extra cover.