Bank Holiday Opening Hours

Motor Trade Road Risks, Courier Insurance, Commercial Vehicle:

Our best prices available over the phone

Part Time Motor Traders Insurance – Get An Online Quote Now

If you buy and sell or repair vehicles on a part time basis, then ChoiceQuote can provide for your insurance needs.

We have been providing part time traders insurance cover since 1995, making us the market leaders in offering great value insurance cover for your motor trade business.

Quotations are available online or through a call to our knowledgeable staff, based in our UK offices, who can talk through your requirements in detail.

Are you unsure what type of policy you need? We can make sure that you get the right policy for your part time motor trade business at the right price.

Who Needs Part Time Traders Insurance?

If your primary work is in another trade or business type, but you service or sell vehicles for supplementary income, then you should consider a part time motor trade policy.

As a part time trader, you need to prove that you are working within the motor trade. Insurers are likely to look for receipts to show the purchase and sale of vehicles, or if you work in repairs, for receipts of purchased parts, for example.

You will need to demonstrate that you are buying and selling or servicing/repairing a minimum number of vehicles to be eligible for motor trade insurance. Insurers will have their own criteria – the best option is to talk to ChoiceQuote to discuss how you trade and how you should be covered.

If you are not actively trading in vehicles or involved in repairing them, you should consider private car insurance instead.

Most part time traders will take out road risks insurance.

Get a Quote

Why choose Choicequote for Part Time Traders Insurance

  • motor trade quotes online
  • Legal cover available
  • Instalment plans available
  • Full and part-time motor traders covered
  • 24 hour claims line 0800 223 0621
  • Cover from home address available
  • Different levels of indemnity available
  • Personal accident and public liability cover
  • Cover for road risk and combined premises

Speak to an expert, call 01625 885046

What our customers are saying...

Get your quote online and start saving now

What Is Motor Trade Road Risks Insurance?

Road risk insurance covers you to drive vehicles that you do not own in order to carry out your business. This type of insurance does not cover loss of vehicles or damage to them while they are at a business premises.

That is why this type of insurance is ideal for most part time traders who operate from home, as many insurers will not classify this location as business premises. If you need to obtain cover for vehicles stored or repaired in separate business premises, you could consider traders combined insurance.

Motor trade road risk insurance cover is available on a third-party, third-party fire and theft, or comprehensive basis. It is worth bearing in mind that there are limits to this type of cover – you will only be able to receive the trade value of any vehicle if it is written off, for example.

For hassle-free insurance cover, get a part time motor trade insurance online quote today, or speak to one of our expert advisors on 0800 440 2179.

Latest News