Bank Holiday Opening Hours

Motor Trade Road Risks, Courier Insurance, Commercial Vehicle:

Our best prices available over the phone

What is young motor trade insurance?

Many insurance companies won’t cover motor traders aged 21 and under. Some even state a minimum age of 25 for their policies. Thankfully, ChoiceQuote is different.

Depending on how you operate in the trade, we can insure young motor traders between the ages of 21-25. We may also be able to transfer your private no-claims bonus to a motor trade policy, helping to keep the cost of setting up your own business to a minimum.

Young motor trade insurance can cover you to repair or service vehicles. If you’re over the age of 23, we can provide cover to buy and sell vehicles, too.

Can I get motor trade insurance under the age of 25?

Yes, you can. If you are at least 21 years old and have previous experience in the motor trade, ChoiceQuote can cover you. We will look at whether you have carried out service/repair work or done similar specialist jobs when considering you for insurance.

You need to be at least 23 years old to buy and sell vehicles on a young motor trade policy. However, you will also need to show some experience of having carried out this work in the past.

Our recommendation is to work for a motor trader for a while – getting yourself added onto their policy if possible – before deciding to work for yourself. By working in a garage, you’ll pick up valuable experience that you can transfer to your own business. This will make the likelihood of being accepted for motor trade insurance higher.

What cover do I get?

Young motor traders can benefit from:

  • Road risks only cover – Allowing you to drive vehicles that you own in connection with your motor trade business, as well as customers’ vehicles that have been left in your care, custody and control.
  • Public liability insurance – Highly recommended in case a member of the public claims for an alleged injury directly connected to your work.
  • Employers’ liability insurance – A legal requirement for most people if you directly employ other people to work for you. This protects you against claims for injury from employees while they are working for you.
  • Premises cover (over-23s only) – Covering any business premises you either own or lease.

Other covers may also be available, including tools in transit insurance. Please speak to our friendly advisers on 01625 885046 for more information or if you have any questions.

How do I get a quote for young motor traders’ insurance?

It’s easy to request a quote online from ChoiceQuote. Simply provide us with some basic details and we’ll call you to discuss your needs.

Alternatively, if you’re looking for some advice – especially if you’re starting in the motor trade business – then give us a call on 01625 885046. We’re here to help.

Speak to an expert, call 01625 885046