Bank Holiday Opening Hours

Motor Trade Road Risks, Courier Insurance, Commercial Vehicle:

Our best prices available over the phone

What is approved repairer insurance?

Are you are approved to carry out bodywork or other repairs by an insurer or manufacturer? Then you need appropriate insurance to undertake your work.
ChoiceQuote is one of the UK’s leading motor trade insurance brokers. We offer insurance from a range of providers, ensuring you are given quality cover at a competitive price.

You may wish to select all the mentioned covers (which we can combine into one policy) or just take out what applies to your business. Other covers may be required depending on your needs. Talk to us on 01625 885046 to further discuss what cover your approved repairer business requires and we’ll get the right policy for you.

Why do body shops and auto repairers need specific insurance?

A standard motor trade insurance policy doesn’t necessarily cover the specialist tools and equipment that a body shop or approved repairer requires. For example, a standard policy would not offer service indemnity cover.

Choose ChoiceQuote for approved repairer insurance and you will benefit from almost 25 years of motor trade experience. That means we know exactly what cover your business does and doesn’t require.

What cover do I get?

ChoiceQuote offer insurance cover for all types of approved repairer, including:

  • Road risks cover – for test driving vehicles after repairs are carried out, or moving drivable vehicles to and from a place of repair.
  • Recovery operator insurance – should you own a recovery vehicle to transport vehicles.
  • Employers’ liability and public liability – covering claims of alleged injury to employees or members of the public, in connection with your business.
  • Service indemnity cover – in case of claims occurring with body parts after a repair (for example, a loose wheel). Service indemnity will cover you for any injury or damage to a member of the public in the event of defective workmanship.
  • Premises cover – to protect leased or owned buildings against damage.
  • Tools and equipment cover – protection for specialist equipment, such as paint spray booths, lifting tables, compressors and portable hand tools.
  • Business interruption insurance – in case normal business operations are affected by an issue that is outside your control, such as a natural disaster. This could cover you for loss of income if you’re unable to operate your business normally.
  • MOT loss of licence – if you also carry out MOTs, this insurance will cover you if you lose your MOT licence or have it suspended.
  • Engineering inspection policy – an optional standalone policy to ensure equipment is compliant with health and safety regulations.
  • Management Liability cover – to protect business owners, directors or senior managers against claims holding them personally liable for alleged wrongdoing.

Give us a call on 01625 885046 to discuss approved repairer insurance, or request a traders insurance quote online and we’ll come back to you with our best deal.