What are the available levels of road risk insurance?
As with many insurance policies, road risk insurance is available at different levels of cover. Our customer service experts will be able to advise you on choosing the best level of cover to suit your business, but here’s a quick overview of the options:
Third party only
Only covers damage to a third party, meaning any property or individual damaged or injured, other than you and the vehicle you drive is covered.
Third party, theft and fire
Includes third party only cover, as well as the additional benefit of protecting the vehicle in your possession in case of a theft or fire.
Includes the benefits mentioned above, as well as cover for accidents and incidents for any customer vehicle in your care. You may also claim for personal injury.
Remember, motor trade road risk insurance does not cover everything. Below are the key exceptions to this type of cover.
- Vehicles that you personally own and use (unless specified)
- Vehicles necessary to run your business, such as a mobile van for repairs
- Public or employers’ liability, which you may take on additionally, depending on the nature of your specific business
What does motor trade road risk insurance cover?
- Any named driver on your motor trade policy will be covered when driving vehicles to conduct business
- As the policyholder, you will be covered if you are involved in an incident or accident, such as theft (if covered on a third-party fire and theft basis) or a car crash
- The value of your vehicles and your customers’ vehicles will be covered against any potential risks and damages, while on UK public roads (for fully comprehensive policies)
Expert features available at ChoiceQuote
- Employers’ liability and public liability cover
- Different levels of indemnity
- Instalment plans
- 24-hour claims line
- Wide range of insurance providers
- Dedicated call centre
Speak to an expert, call 01625 885046